Ashley's Mission

Ashley's Mission

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Ashley's second letter July 14 2015

Oi minha familia e amigos,

I love and miss you all so much! The MTC is amazing there is a spirit hear that I have only felt in a few places in my life. As I write this email I am reminded of how Nephi started the book of mormon. I sister wheatley having been born of goodly parents, and knowing the goodness of godetc. now make a record of my findings. So that all may know the miracles of God as I have found! 

Its has been a very hard week. Days feel like months and weeks feel like years. I have been here forever!!!!!!!!! hahaha But every-time a hardship comes the Lord blesses in FULL! 

Family and friends ... the gift of tongues is real and the holy ghost does speak through us as missionaries. On day 7, we got a new teacher. (he is must stricter) we were about to go into a lesson and had prepared a bunch of notes so that I could accurately teach about baptism. Right before we left my teacher stopped me and asked me if I trusted the Lord to speak through me. And I said I did. Then he asked me why I was bringing so many notes. I told him because I don't know the language yet. And he challenged me to go into the lesson without my notes and prove to God I trusted him. This really through me back. But I decided to follow his council. SO I went into the lesson with my Portuguese Book of Mormon and Bible. (and a little dictionary just incase). When I got into the lesson I felt Gods love and I knew that having that dictionary was stopping me from trusting him fully. So I said a prayer asking for the holy spirit to take over and I through my dictionary at my feet.    The Lord gave me all the words I needed to say. I spoke with confidence in Portuguese as if I was fluent. I even at one point wanted to say something and the words would come to my head. But another line did that had nothing to do with what we were teaching. But I said it and it was actually what the investigator needed to hear. I now trust in the Lord with all of my heart, mind, and soul. He he can help me teach a whole lesson in portuguese in 7 days of learning it. God can do anything and I can do anything with him. God and me did the impossible this week!

Funny story- My portuguese and my comp Portuguese we call portulish haha and caveman portuguese. its really rough! and we have a hard time understanding people with thick accents. well we had a native come in so we could practice on him and as he was talking to us, he told us his parents had just got a divorce. Well poor sister stowell did not know what he said a proceeded to very loudly say "tudo bem" over and over again which means "very good! Very good!" He just looked at us and we were all mortified! I said we were sorry and we left after a few minutes of real awkwardness. hahaha Poor sister Stowell! 

The food here is awful. All the sisters are getting sick. It tastes good going in but does weird stuff to your body! haha 

Ends up the Mission Presidency of the MTC, all served in my mission!!!!!!!!! The 1st councilor grabs me every sec he can to tell me how it is the most beautiful place in a all of Brazil! He also tells me the same joke every-time. English is the language of business. Spanish is the language of the common man. French is the language of love. Russian is the language of passion. And portuguese is the language of angels. haha I think so (; its the joke of the mtc that the portuguses missionaries speak with angels because of the baptism rates where we serve and because of how beautiful the language is! 

I GOT TO ESCAPE THE MTC FOR 30 MIN! It was amazing well kinda! Its a sad reason! Sometimes I feel like i am in prison here because we literally do not leave this little half mile block! Sadly ... both my comps have been really sick with a virus so we were send to BYU's campus to get medicine for them to get better! I has been a real tender mercy to not be sick and I was reminded of my fathers blessing of health and safety, The Lord keeps his promises. Being  around them for so long I knew I would. But the most I have had is a little sore throat in the mornings. Nothing like what they have! Please pray for them!

I have come to really love the book of mormon. I always knew it was true but now I know that it is the most important book to ever read. The doctrines found in the book of mormon are true and you can grow closer to god through reading it. I spend so much of my time in it everyday of my own free will because I can not get enough of its teachings!!!!!! Any question can be answered through its teaching. The gospel is made for us to make it back to him! I love the book of mormon, jospeh smith and all the profetas (prophets), and God does love his children! 

Scripture for the week Alma 42. This chapter truly describes Gods plan for us. 

I love you all so much. God lives and loves his children. When we put our faith in him and act in that faith God can help us accomplish miracles! 

-- 
Te amo, 

Sister Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment