Ashley's Mission

Ashley's Mission

Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 22-Hard Week-Picture of Tampica (breakfast) at the bottom -sorry I can't get the blog to publish it in the right color!

1. How often do you have district meetings or zone conferences? District- once a week but its only with sisters. I only have contact with my district leader when he calls us for numbers or when we have a baptism! Zone- Every 3 months. Thats the only time I see elders. But this time with be confercia de NATAL! It will be 5 zones! I am really excited!

2. Do you have interviews with your President every month?  How does that go since he does not speak English? No every 3 months, but every zone is different so sometimes if you move zones you have more or less. Presidente is amazing but he is a man of very few words. haha I speak portguese so its not a problem haha I talk normal with him in portuguese. Our interviews are very short maybe 10minutes max, and thats if we have questions. Usually its more like 5 min. He finishes our whole zone in 1hr. haha (:

3.How are your shoes? I bought new ones! hehe I use the other ones for church. They had a sell for sandles really really cheap and they are much better for conditions here. SO i bought new ones about 2 months ago(: They are perfect!

4. Are you ready for colder weather?  You better remain ready to stay warm....the summer is upon you now.  (colder weather is not coming)  :-) hahahhaahahaha This week was HOT. but I am really adapting well. Its normal. I dont feel uncomfortable in the heat. it was about 68 F the other day and I was freezing! I wore a jacket haha Its about 80 to 90 everyday. we dont have ar conditioning anywhere so I dont change temps a lot so its comfortable now. Then only thing is the sun is very very strong. Sometimes it beats down on you and you feel yourself frying but its normal! haha One thing super lucky I dont really sweat all the other missionaries sweat a ton but I only do a little around my face. 

5.  Do missionaries speak in church much? Depends on the ward. My last ward the missionaries never spoke. in this ward the missioaries always have the second sunday. Its good practice for me!!! We also plan an activity every month. This week- was our turn!!! I went a little crazy but we had an amazing turnout!!!!!!!!!!!! We did a night of tampica (its amazing) then we played some games I created that where centered with missionary work! It was so much fun! We actually had 7 investigators there, 4 less actives, and lots of recent converts and members! It was increadble!!!!!!!! (tampica is a food that does not exisit in the US and I will have withdrawals when i go home. I eat it everyday! haha)

6.  How many members come to church in the ward  Do most walk or have cars? about 90-100. Lots of people walk or take the bus, Maybe 5-8 famileshave cars. A lot of times they push 2 familes in a car. The cars here are really really small!. The bishop here doesnt have a car, he has a shiny bike (its really old) but he LOVES this bike and we love him! haha (:

This week was BUSY!!!!!!!!!!! 



But boy was this week hard. If there is one thing I learned this week. is that Satan is real and does not want his children to be happy. Everything we did Satan attacked this week. I really felt like I was in a battle. But WE WON! We ended the week with 7 investigators in church 2 reactivations and alexandre recieved the HOLY GHOST!

This is an example. We taught this family about the restoration and they loved it! They were so excited to read the book of mormon. We left happy. We left to visit another family and when we passed 30minafteranother set of missionaries where teaching the family antimormon literature. Now they wont even look at us when we pass. its very sad. 

People really firm where attacked this week in our area and the other sisters. But we pushed through it and the other sisters actually marked a batismo! 

We where feeling down wed and we decided that is actualliy what Satan wanted us to feel so we picked up the work again. Lots of bad things happened but we pushed through. and today I am glad to say we won!!! 

I recieved a new resolve to battle Satan until the end! haha (:
 Love ya ATE MAIS!

-- 
Sister Wheatley

2 comments:

  1. Hello Little Sis,

    So I just wanted to let you know that I've finally had the chance to get completely caught up on Every Single Week of your Mission! = )
    Jessica, Tristan, Kaitlyn & I are so very Proud of you & we knew you would do & be Awesome at Serving Our Heavenly Father! It's been very neat to read how you've quickly transitioned through some of the early stages/weeks in your mission! I've also enjoyed reading how your Testimony is growing & you are as an individual!
    We want you to know that we too pray for you by Name just Like Patriarch & Sister Guffey! You mean so much to us as do your whole family!I love you kiddo! Keep up the Amazing work! Stay strong, faithful, positive & just keep being you & your spirit will shine through your coutenance & it will touch the lives & souls of those individuals/families who are prepared to hear the beautiful message you & your companion have to share of Our Eternal Living Saviour Jesus Christ & His Restored Gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Little Sis,

    So I just wanted to let you know that I've finally had the chance to get completely caught up on Every Single Week of your Mission! = )
    Jessica, Tristan, Kaitlyn & I are so very Proud of you & we knew you would do & be Awesome at Serving Our Heavenly Father! It's been very neat to read how you've quickly transitioned through some of the early stages/weeks in your mission! I've also enjoyed reading how your Testimony is growing & you are as an individual!
    We want you to know that we too pray for you by Name just Like Patriarch & Sister Guffey! You mean so much to us as do your whole family!I love you kiddo! Keep up the Amazing work! Stay strong, faithful, positive & just keep being you & your spirit will shine through your coutenance & it will touch the lives & souls of those individuals/families who are prepared to hear the beautiful message you & your companion have to share of Our Eternal Living Saviour Jesus Christ & His Restored Gospel!

    ReplyDelete